Mars One appeal for fatwa against Muslims applying to take part in trip to the Red Planet to be called off by Islamic council
- Clerics in the UAE have deemed a colony on Mars as being un-Islamic
- They argue that trying to live there would be akin to committing suicide
- Killing oneself is strictly forbidden in Islam, according to the Quran
- The ruling came after Mars One announced a 2025 mission to Mars
- Mars One pointed out that Islam has a rich tradition of exploration
- It said that the mission is not tantamount to suicide
By TED THORNHILL
PUBLISHED: 10:48 GMT, 21 February 2014 | UPDATED: 17:16 GMT, 21 February 2014
4 minutes sums the whole thing up
Miramichi balks at raising gay pride flag
for the first time since he moved away, I’m actually glad that my child got the hell out of here. Its been said before and I’ll say it again, LGBT rights are the civil rights battle of our times and years from now people will look back on this as a stain on history. let us think about whether or not we wish to support people who can`t live openly and live day to day in fear of oppression and physical violence upon themselves and the ones they love? there is a difference in doing what is right and doing what you’re told is right. No one would stand for discrimination against other groups of people. Are the LGBT community not our brothers, sisters, friends and family? Shame upon this place. Shame…
this man was a pastor. This man got an MA in Theology to better understand the bible. And now he does…
This is a real thing?
It takes religion to make good people do bad things….
having trouble understanding the Catholic Trinity? Maybe the Doctor can help…